Brooks Bishop — October 10, 2013
The wait for Aeternum on PC is over! Our own little quirky bullet hell has finally made the leap, but we thought while we were at it why not fix a whole bunch of stuff, and add a bunch of other stuff!
Or buy on IndieGameStand or Desura!
(Buying on IGS gets you a Desura key too.)
- Includes all 4 stages of the original game AND the Extra stage featuring the true final boss, Winter.
- Play fullscreen, or windowed with appropriate size/stretch options.
- Playable with an Xbox (or compatible) gamepad, or keyboard with configurable bindings.
- Additional Easy Difficulty.
- You’ll find the exact same bullet patterns as on Normal, only taking a hit loses less Power.
- All new Arrange Mode!
- Play as either Ellica or Aubrey.
- An entirely new rank-based alternate scoring system for seasoned shmup players who demand a more complex experience.
- Unlock Aubrey as a playable character in Arcade Mode too!
- Toggle bloom filter on/off, for less powerful computers, or if you just plain hate bloom.
- New “Retry” option in the pause menu for practicing perfectionists.
- Fancy appearing text in Story Mode dialogue scenes.
Balance Changes/Bug Fixes
- Player movement adjusted. Ellica’s slow move speed is slightly faster.
- Bombing no longer fails a boss spell bonus.
- New “game over” animation. Sorry if dying felt cheap before.
- Arcade mode now starts with 6 lives in all difficulties.
- Powerups should no longer buggily appear above bullets.
As always, I’m totally open to questions/comments/suggestions/criticism, or just plain old talking!