Brooks Bishop — September 7, 2013
The wait is finally over.
Aeternum on Xbox Live Indie Games has been updated to version 1.2.1, which brings with it a few changes.
- Firstly, my apologies on Arcade Mode. It was intended to be a “limited lives” mode more akin to an arcade experience, without the “power as health” mechanic the normal game has. So, all difficulties now correctly start you with 3 lives (instead of 3, 2, 1, 0 for Normal, Hard, Demonic, Lunatic respectively). If anyone prefers this mode, should make it quite a bit more fair now!
- Adjusted contrast on the bullets. All bullets should now skew a bit more towards being colored rather than being bright white, which should in turn make them even easier to see against bright backgrounds (like the moon in stage 1).
- Made the boss indicator fade out when you’re under it. No more disappearing player/bullets behind the indicator!
- Added sound effects to Candynce fight.
- Fixed visibility of main menu GamerTag. Now you can see it on every page of the menu, not just the top level.
But most importantly, this patch finally closes this first chapter of events in the Aeternum universe, by adding a 5th Extra stage, with an entirely new boss fight!
You can fight Winter, the prisoner in the sub-space closet, by beating the normal game on any difficulty, with any number of continues. All you have to do is beat Greytail once in a full game (not in Practice) and you can face the greatest challenge yet!
Aeternum is now $2.99 on Xbox live Indie Games. But if you bought it previously, just run the game and it will prompt you to update for no additional charge.
The additions include another 2 audio tracks by Jesse Bishop. These tracks have been rolled up into a re-release of the Sound Track, which you can still download for free at Jesse’s Bandcamp page.